Friday, April 20, 2007

Nikon D80 vs. Canon Rebel XT(i)

Comparison 1
Comparison 2



Currently leaning towards the D80... but price is a factor. Seems like users say the Canon is the best value for what it does. I've used the Canon Rebel XT(i) before, it's a nice camera, but does Nikon live up to its reputation? Comparisons show the Nikon has a little more to offer in terms of features and customization, but perhaps I don't need to have a hundred options just yet. The Nikon is also above $1000 while I can get the Canon XT for less, both with lenses.

Also, the newer model of the Canon Rebel XT, the XTi:



This one seems promising, actually. Price falls between the D80 and XT, and so does the camera, overall. I wish I could hands-on with the Nikon.

Edit: Probably gonna go with the Canon Rebel XTi. Now for the issue of lenses, which I know nothing about...

No comments: