Thursday, July 29, 2010

On average, an adult moose stands 1.8–2.1 m (6–7 ft) high at the shoulder.



I saw a real, wild moose for the first time yesterday, and I think it may have changed my life. We were driving in NH and it was just chilling on the side of the road, just feet away from my car. It ran into the woods, and we were watching it from the car for a bit... and then it suddenly started running at us, but turned back around before it got to the road, thank god. Not sure if my insurance covers giant animals ramming my car.

Moose are HUMONGOUS, and the one we saw was antler-less and probably female, which means the males are even bigger. According to Wikipedia, "In winter, moose are often drawn to roadways, to lick salt that is used as a snow and ice melter." haha cute.

Apart from the moose sighting, I also saw Inception, and while it was good, I don't think I would see it twice. Though I would probably pay money to see another moose up close, so I don't know what that says about my priorities.

No comments: